Thursday, November 4, 2010

First Project with my JETPENS package

Over the next few weeks I will be posting a few projects I made with some items that were sent to me from Jetpens.  You should check out their site, so many great products that can be used in scrapbooking, card making and altered items.  They specialize in pens and Japanese stationary supplies, but have so many other items as well that can be incorporated into your artwork.

I made this card and went all out using various techniques and tools!  The card base was done with my Cuttlebug and an embossing folder.  I used my favourite stamp, the koi and water from Kodomo Inc, on this card.  The image was stamped on this wonderful paper I stumbled on this weekend, called Superstock from Canadian Scrapbooker.  I wish I had a picture for you....it can ordered directly from CS directly...it comes 36 pages of 130 lb white and is the best paper to ink, spray, paint, colour on.....doesn't warp or curl...you get the idea..best darn cardstock going for stamping, inks, painting...



I coloured the water in with a blue Copic and the fish with orange and green Tombow markers.  Covered the fish in glossy accents to make it shiny like it is in the water.



I use these scissors to cut the fish out, they are nice and sharp and good a sturdy.  Seem to work on a lot of types of materials, including ribbon.  I find that my Cutterbee's are great for paper, but when it come to ribbon, not so much.


I also used these scissors to make the white background with fringe edge.  The combination of the thick paper and the scissors made an interesting fringe, which curled stiffly to one side.  These are the coolest scissors to use, 7 blades in all. 


My good friend Catherine, from Scrapbook and Cards Today gave me one of these little babies to test drive while I was at the Creative Festival this weekend.  I love it, need I say more, anything to do with bling I love....I have to run out now and get some more of the Hot Rocks and Glam Rocks for more projects.  The glam rocks are adhered to the water for a little sparkle. 



Well keep coming back, I have the next card completed just have to do a write up this weekend.

Head on over to Jetpens and checkout their great selection! 

1 comment: